So when it comes to the newly released EMUI8 for Honor 9 things get a little bit tricky, as we don’t have any official update for our region yet (only for C900 and AL variants – chinese).
Every file i provided have been built during the way finding how stuff works on oreo – and alot of stuff changed, thats why i also recommend to not use the provided TWRP for daily, reliable usage.
1. copy the L09-B321 firmware files to the root of your MicroSD card
2. flash twrp (for nougat) via fastboot: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-nougat-stf.img
3. boot into recovery and connect the phone to your computer
4. open an adb shell and execute the following commands:
dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a echo --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_full_STF-L09_hw_normal.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
5. Last but not least reboot the recovery, again via adb shell or twrp terminal:
6. the installation should start and boot into oreo, but we are not done yet
As you may noticed the honor bootanimation is missing – and a few other things,
e.g. sounds (like ringtones, notifications, alarms), theme store not loading and problems with magazine lockscreen.
We are going to fix those now.
1. Install TWRP (for Oreo) using the command: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-oreo-stf.img
2. Boot into TWRP and flash the provided SuperSU zip
3. Grab any root file browser (e.g. root browser – free, root explorer – paid) and open it
4. in /cust/hw rename “normal” folder to “eu” (without the quotes)
5. in /version/special_cust/STF-L09/hw rename “normal” folder to “eu” (without the quotes)
PART 3 (not needed, but recommended)
As we made some internal software changes i suggest you make a factory reset afterwards and unroot before.
1. flash stock ramdisk to ramdisk partition using fastboot:
fastboot flash ramdisk RAMDISK.img
2. flash stock recovery ramdisk using fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
3. boot into recovery (just like you would do when you boot up twrp) and do a factory reset
4. setup your device and enjoy a clean, fully working oreo installation!
1. copy the rollback zip and nocheck recovery (!!oreo version!!) to the root of your MicroSD card
2. enable usb debugging in developer options
3. connect your phone to your computer, start an adb shell and issue the following commands:
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_ramdisk dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_rollback_al10c00b190.zip > /cache/recovery/command
4. last but not least reboot recovery, again in adb shell:
5. your device should start to flash a chinese version of nougat (EMUI 5.1)
hint: if you get an error during the installation, just press the reboot button, it still boots.
device crashes during boot? do a low-level data partition format, boot into erecovery when you get asked to.
6. prepare the MicroSD (8gb atleast, exFAT formatted)
- download the C432 firmware and extract it
- copy the dload folder you extracted to the root of your MicroSD
7. if required unlock your bootloader
8. flash the nocheck recovery (nougat version) to recovery and recovery2 partition using fastboot
fastboot flash recovery STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img fastboot flash recovery2 STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
9. boot your device into force dload mode (keep vol+, vol- and power pressed until the installation starts)
10. you should boot into a fresh L09C432B100 installation
I’ve uploaded every file you need for the process to mega.nz – please do not mirror any of the stuff provided!
Huge thanks to @LastStandingDroid for providing the modified SuperSU installation package.
Bug Fix :
1. create a folder called “normal” in /cust/hw
2. create a second folder in the previously created one, name it “app”
3. now move HwCloudDrive_Local folder from /cust/hw/eu/app to /cust/hw/normal/app