Oreo arrives on OnePlus 5T in form of OxygenOS Open Beta 1
- Just days after teasing Oreo Open Beta for the OnePlus 5T Oreo ,the company has pushed out the update. The Android 8.0-based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 is now rolling out.
So those part of the OnePlus 5T beta program will be able to experience Oreo goodies now. The update also includes Android fixes for the month of December. Following is the complete change-log published by the Chinese company:
OnePlus 5T Oreo Update
- Optimized the app shortcut style
- Combine icon options with app shortcuts
- Now able to upload photos to Shot on OnePlus
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-Fill
- Added Smart Text Selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated Android security patch to December
[Instructions and Info]
- Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime NOT as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks of data loss.
- If you would like to join our Open Beta Program, please refer to the flashing instructions [HERE] and download the full ROM [HERE].
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Reverting back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache). Please carefully follow the flash instructions below.
- Please be aware that all data will be wiped during the revert-back process, so do remember to backup your data in advance.
- Download the roll-back build provided [HERE] to Internal storage.
- Shut down your device and enter recovery mode by long pressing the Power + Volume Down key simultaneously.
- Select “Install from Local” and choose the downloaded build to install.
- Reboot your device after installing the build. You have to re-enter recovery mode to Wipe data cache and Erase everything(Music, pics, etc).
- Reboot your device again and you’re all good to go.
- As this is a major update, we hope that you will fill out our survey on UX & UI [HERE].
- And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found [HERE].
Make sure to let us know how you feel about this beta build in the comments below.